• CERT-In issues directions relating to information security practices, procedure, prevention, response and reporting of cyber incidents for Safe & Trusted Internet.
• As per the terms of section 70B of the Information Technology Act, 2000, the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) serves as the national agency for fulfilling various functions in the domain of cyber security in the country.
• CERT-In monitors cyber risks and responds to cyber incidents that are tracked and reported to it. CERT-In delivers alerts to organisations and users on a regular basis to help them protect their data and ICT infrastructure.
• CERT-In requests information from service providers, intermediaries, data centres, and bodies corporate in order to coordinate reaction actions and emergency measures in the event of a cyber security incident.
What are the roles of CERT In?
• To provide a single point of contact for reporting the problems
• Assisting in preventing and handling computer security incidents
• To provide a 24 x 7 security service
• Issue security guidelines, advisories and timely advise
• Risk analysis
Source: THE HINDU.
For more update, click here to join our telegram channel