• TRIFED organizes National Conclave on “Wild and Forest Honey” in collaboration with Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare and National Bee Board.
Importance of the wild honey:
• Honey from the wild and forests is one of the world’s most popular and frequently used sweeteners, with numerous health benefits.
• Honey is a good source of antioxidants and has antifungal and antibacterial properties.
• Wild and forest honey is used by many civilizations around the world, and it is also a foundation for many traditional treatments such as Ayurveda and Siddha.
• Honey’s medicinal properties have long been recognised. Honey is utilised in Indian families for enriching the skin and hair, in addition to being a useful therapy for coughs, colds, sinusitis, eczema, and other health issues.
• The Government of India has designated beekeeping as one of the most significant activities due to its importance.
• Tribal Co-operative Marketing Development Federation of India is a national level cooperative body under the administrative control of Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India.
• TRIFED was established in August 1987 under the Multi-State Cooperative Societies Act, 1984 by the Government of India as a National level Cooperative body under the administrative control of the then Ministry of Welfare of India, with the basic mandate of bringing about socio-economic development of tribals of the country by institutionalizing the trade of Minor Forest Produce (MFP) & Surplus Agricultural Produce (SAP) collected/ cultivated by them.
Source: THE HINDU.
For more update, click here to join our telegram channel