Civil Services Day
- On the occasion of Civil Services Day, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi conferred the Prime Minister’s Awards for Excellence in Public Administration at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
- Every year on April 21, India commemorates Civil Services Day. This day is observed by the Indian government to honour all public officers who work in various government offices around the country.
- On this day, civil workers get the opportunity to reflect and plan for the future, as well as renew their commitment to public service and job excellence.
- According to history, the first Home Minister of Independent India, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, addressed the inaugural batch of Administrative Services at Metcalf House in Delhi on April 21, 1947.
- In his speech, he referred to civil servants as India’s “steel frame” and outlined the foundations of good governance for them.
Source: THE HINDU.