- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi participated in the inaugural ceremony of year-long joint celebrations of the 90th anniversary of Sivagiri Pilgrimage and Golden Jubilee of Brahma Vidhyalaya
- Sivagiri is a village in the Varkala municipality of Kerala’s Trivandrum District. It is a pilgrimage centre in Varkala Town, where Sree Narayana Guru’s grave or samadhi is located.
- The Sarada Temple, dedicated to Sarada Devi, the goddess of knowledge, was also built in this area by Guru.
- Thousands of devotees visit his tomb every year during the Sivagiri Pilgrimage days (Sivagiri Theerthadanam), which take place from December 30 to January 1.
- Built in 1904, the Sivagiri Mutt is located on the top of the Sivagiri hill in Varkala Town.
- This is also the headquarters of the Sree Narayana Dharma Sangham, which was founded by the Guru to spread his vision of “One Caste, One Religion, One God” among his disciples and saints. Every year, the Guru Deva Jayanti, the Guru’s birthday, and the Guru’s samadhi day are commemorated in August and September, respectively.
- The celebrations are marked by colourful processions, discussions and seminars, public gatherings, cultural exhibitions, communal feasts, group weddings, and ceremonies.
About Brahma Vidhyalaya:
- Narayan Guru had also envisioned a place to teach the principles of all religions with equanimity and equal respect. The Brahma Vidhyalaya of Sivagiri was set up to realise this vision.
- Brahma Vidhyalaya offers a course of 7-years on Indian Philosophy including the works of Narayan Guru and scriptures of all important religions of the world.
Source: THE HINDU.
For more update, click here to join our telegram channel