Time Duration Required for UPSC CSE Preparation
- When it comes to UPSC preparation, what one must understand is that the Civil Service Exam is conducted in multiple stages spread across months.
- While the preliminary test will be happening in the end of May or beginning of June, the Mains Exam will be conducted 3 months later in the month of September, while interview will be happening in January or February the next year. Hence, we can see that the exam process itself takes 8 to 9 months to reach completion.
- So even if you start your preparation 7 to 8 months before the preliminary exam, you will get another 3 months before your mains exam.
- However, when it comes to UPSC CSE, the earlier you begin your preparation, the easier it will be for you. This is due to the fact that UPSC usually asks Current Affairs questions which were in news up to 12 months before. Hence, the later you start your preparation, the more current affairs you would need to cover.
- While, current affairs compilations given by Academies such as Believers Mantra Magazine can help you cover the material faster, it remains true that compilations are not a substitute for daily newspaper reading.
Find our Courses Below: