The Search for Dark Matter
- Many physicists strongly believe that the entire visible part of the universe forms only 5% of all matter in it. They believe the rest is made up of dark matter and dark energy.
- What is Dark Matter
- Dark matter is made up of particles that do not have a charge and do not emit light.
- LUX-ZEPLIN (LZ) is the most sensitive dark matter detector in the world. In Arizona USA.
- Four fundamental forces of Universe: strong nuclear force, weak nuclear force, electromagnetic force, and gravitation.
- Dark Matter is detected by the discrepancy between the calculated and observed value of velocities in rotating galaxies.
- Bullet cluster: formed through the merging of two galaxy clusters.
Source The Hindu