PIB Analysis 24-01-23
Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar
- The Government of India has been conferring the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar to children for their exceptional achievement in six categories namely Innovation, Social Service, Scholastic, Sports, Art & Culture and Bravery.
- Each awardee is given a medal, a cash prize of Rs. 1 Lakh and certificate.
- This year, 11 children from across the country, under different categories of Bal Shakti Puraskar, have been selected for PMRBP-2023.
- The awardees include 6 boys and 5 girls, belonging to 11 States and UTs.
Fuel Cell-based Air Independent Propulsion (AIP) system
- Fuel Cell-based Air Independent Propulsion (AIP) system of DRDO’s Naval Materials Research Laboratory (NMRL) will soon be fitted onboard INS Kalvari.
- The AIP has a force multiplier effect on lethality of a diesel electric submarine as it enhances the submerged endurance by several folds.
- It has merits in performance compared to other technologies and is unique as the hydrogen is generated onboard.
- This technology has been successfully developed by NMRL with the support of Indian industry partners.
- The technology has now reached the stage of maturity for industrialisation.
- Indian Navy’s fifth stealth Scorpene class Submarine INS Vagir was commissioned into the Indian Navy today, 23 Jan 2023 at the Naval Dockyard Mumbai.
- INS Vagir would form part of the Western Naval Command’s Submarine fleet and would be another potent part of the Command’s arsenal.
- Vagir was launched on 12 Nov 20, under Project 75 (P75) and was delivered to Indian Navy on 20 Dec 22 post completion of sea trials.
- Vagir has the distinction of having the lowest build time among all indigenously manufactured submarines till date.
- The Scorpene Submarines are extremely potent platforms, they have advanced stealth features and are also equipped with both long range guided torpedoes as well as anti-ship missiles.
- These submarine have a state of the art SONAR suite and sensor suite permitting outstanding operational capabilities.
For more updates, click here