Operation Megh Chakra
- Searches at 59 locations across 20 States and one Union Territory, as part of a pan-India drive against the circulation and sharing of child sexual abuse material was done by The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) recently conducted.
- This operation was named as “Operation Megh Chakra” by the investigating agency.
- This operation was carried out by Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) after receiving critical inputs from the Interpol’s Singapore special unit.
- It is known that the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has filed two cases against many individuals of Indian origin as well.
- The individuals who are accused in this case were said to be involved in the online circulation, downloading and transmission of such material using cloud-based storage.
- This operation which is led by Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is said to be one of the global operations in recent times for a prompt response to online child sexual exploitation cases with international linkages.
- A similar operation was held in the recent past which was code-named “Operation Carbon”.
- The International Criminal Police Organization, commonly known as Interpol, is an international organization that facilitates worldwide police cooperation and crime control.
- The INTERPOL is an intergovernmental organization with 195 member countries being a part of it.
- The General Secretariat of INTERPOL which is located in Lyon in France undertakes the day-to-day activities to fight a range of crimes.
- National Central Bureau(NCB) which will be located in all the member countries and this will act as a point of contact between General Secretariat & National Central Bureau(NCB).
- Apart from this, there is a General Assembly which is the governing body and all countries meets once in a year to take decisions collectively.
Source The Hindu
For more updates, Click Here