Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) Approval between India and Tanzania
The Cabinet has granted approval for the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between India and Tanzania.
GS – 02 (Indian Diaspora, Bilateral Groupings & Agreements)
- The MoU was formally inked between India’s Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and Tanzania’s Ministry of Information, Communication, and Information Technology.
- The primary objective of the MoU is to facilitate closer cooperation, exchange experiences, and share digital technology-based solutions for the implementation of digital transformation initiatives in both countries.
- India’s Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) has been actively engaging with various nations and international organizations to enhance bilateral and multilateral collaboration in the Information and communication technology (ICT) domain.
- In recent years, India has showcased its leadership in executing Digital Public Infrastructure (DPI) and successfully delivering services to the public, even amid the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Consequently, several countries have expressed interest in learning from India’s experiences, leading to the signing of MoUs to facilitate knowledge exchange.