International Day of Yoga 2022
- The Ministry of Ayush and the Government of Karnataka are geared up to celebrate the main event of 8th edition of the International Day of Yoga (IDY) 2022 at Mysuru Palace, Mysuru.
What is the theme this year?
- ‘Yoga for Humanity’, is the theme for this year’s international yoga day which is being mainly held in Mysore.
About Guardian Yoga Ring
- Guardian Yoga Ring is a collaborative exercise between 79 countries and United Nations organisations along with Indian Missions abroad to illustrate Yoga’s unifying power that surpasses National boundaries.
- As the sun apparently moves from the east to the west across the world, the Mass Yoga Demonstrations in the participating countries, if seen from any one point on Earth, will seem to be happening one after the other, almost in tandem, thus underlining the concept of ‘One Sun, One earth’.
- The Indian tradition of Surya Namaskar/Sun Salutation will be celebrated across the 16 time zones of the world.
- Starting from Fiji in the east by welcoming the sun through Surya Namaskar will end in San Francisco.
- Yoga comprises a set of physical, mental and spiritual practices which was originated in India.
- There are evidences in the form of seals and fossil remains of Indus Valley with yogic motives and figures.• Yoga finds its mention in the Rig Veda but became popular as hatha yoga texts in the 11th Century.
- Yoga includes Asanas, Mudras, Kriyas and other meditation techniques.
- Though yoga was practised in ancient times, it was Maharishi Patanjali who codified and systemized yoga.
Source The Hindu
For more updates, Click Here