Viksit Bharat Sankalp Yatra
Viksit Bharat having been formally launched, the idea of making India a developed nation by 2047, the 100th year of its Independence, sounds achievable.
GS-02 (Growth and Development)
- Viksit Bharat Sankalp Yatra is a government-led endeavor designed to foster awareness and oversee the execution of diverse flagship central schemes throughout India.
- These initiatives, such as Ayushman Bharat, Ujjwala Yojana, PM Suraksha Bima, PM SVANidhi, and more, form the core focus of the program.
- The collaborative initiative involves multiple Union ministries and state governments.
- Commencing its journey on November 15 from Khunti, Jharkhand, the Yatra swiftly traversed over 2.50 crore citizens across 68,000 Gram Panchayats within a month.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the initiative on December 16, marking its initiation in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Telangana, and Mizoram—states where recent Assembly polls were held.
- The Yatra had already commenced in other states but faced delays in these five states due to the Model Code of Conduct in effect before the elections.
Four key objectives of the program:
- Reaching out to the Vulnerable: The Yatra is strategically designed to identify and establish connections with individuals eligible for various government schemes who are yet to avail themselves of the associated benefits.
- Dissemination of Information and Generating Awareness: A pivotal focus of the initiative is the widespread dissemination of information regarding government schemes, actively working towards creating awareness among the public.
- Interaction with Beneficiaries through Personal Stories/Experience Sharing: The Yatra incorporates direct engagement with beneficiaries of government schemes, providing them a platform to share personal stories and experiences related to the implemented programs.
- Enrollment of Potential Beneficiaries: Throughout the Yatra, concerted efforts are made to enroll potential beneficiaries by collecting detailed information from participants, ensuring a comprehensive outreach and impact.