Shri Dharmendra Pradhan calls for including information about Anusilan Samity in NCF to inspire the next generation
About Anusilan Samity
- Founded in 1902 in Bengal as a secret revolutionary organisation to fight against the British during Independence movement.
- Aurobindo Gosh and his brother Barindra Ghosh were the prominent leaders of this movement.
- Nationalist writings and publications: Bande Mataram and Jugantar.
National Institute of Unani Medicine (NIUM), Ghaziabad will help in mainstreaming and integration of Ayush healthcare services with modern medicines: Ayush Minister
- National Institute of Unani Medicine (NIUM) will be constructed at Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- Ghaziabad is a satellite Institute of National Institute of Unani Medicine, Bangaluru.
About Unani Medicine
- This system is based on hippocratic theory of four humors viz. blood, phlegm, yellow bile and black bile.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has recognized the Unani System of Medicine (USM) as an alternative system to cater the health care needs of human population.
- Unani healing is vibrant and vigorous today and is being practiced, taught and researched under its local names in over 20 countries including Afghanistan, China, India, Canada, Denmark, Germany, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Korea, Japan, Saudi Arabia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UK and USA.