PM to address NIIO Seminar ‘Swavlamban’ on 18th July
NIIO (Naval Innovation and Indigenisation Organisation)
- The NIIO is a three-tiered organisation.
- Naval Technology Acceleration Council (N-TAC) will bring together the twin aspects of innovation and indigenisation and provide apex level directives.
- A working group under the N-TAC will implement the projects.
- A Technology Development Acceleration Cell (TDAC) has also been created for induction of emerging disruptive technology in an accelerated time frame.
- Defense Innovation Organisation (DIO) is a not-for-profit company under section 8 of Companies Act 2013, created to fund and manage Innovations for Defense Excellence (iDEX).
- As a part of the ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’, NIIO, in conjunction with the Defense Innovation Organisation (DIO), aims at inducting at least 75 new indigenous technologies / products in the Indian Navy.
- This collaborative project is named SPRINT (Supporting Pole-Vaulting in R&D through iDEX, NIIO and TDAC).
INS SINDHUDHVAJ DECOMMISSIONED AFTER 35 YEARS OF GLORIOUS SERVICE TO THE NATION
- INS Sindhudhvaj is a Kilo Class submarine of Russian origin.
- In India they are called Sindhughosh class submarines
- They are diesel electric attack submarines designed as a part of Project 877