Nano-Science and Bio-Economy’s Crucial Role in India’s 5 Trillion Dollar Economy Ambition
During his inaugural visit to the Institute of Nano Science and Technology (INST) in Mohali, Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh emphasized the significant contribution of Nano-Science and Bio-Economy to India’s ambitious goal of achieving a 5 Trillion Dollar Economy.
Key Areas of Research:
- INST is well-positioned to play a pivotal role in nanoscience research, particularly in crucial domains such as Agricultural Nanotechnology, Nanomedicine, and Quantum Materials.
Institute of Nano Science and Technology (INST):
- INST stands as India’s pioneer NanoScience Institute, established to engage in research and develop products and services in Nano science with a focus on societal and national welfare.
- The institute, an autonomous entity under the Department of Science and Technology, was founded in 2014 under the NANO MISSION.
- INST is committed to advancing knowledge in nanoscience to benefit society and fostering the education of young minds in nanoscience and technology.
- Nano-science and bio-economy hold immense potential to address local and global challenges in areas such as energy, environment, agriculture, and healthcare.
- These fields are poised to make significant contributions to India’s economy, aligning with the institute’s motto, “Knowledge of Nanoscience for the Nation.”
- Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh’s acknowledgment underscores the strategic importance of these scientific disciplines in propelling India toward economic growth and sustainability.