Japan and south korea’s Relation
- Japan and South Korea hold meetings at the Tokyo Summit and agree to strengthen their relationship further. This first such meeting happened after 12 years.
- Japan colonized the Korean peninsula between the years 1910 and 1945 and has done a lot of atrocities against the Korean people.
- They forced people into slavery and forced prostitution over years during the colonial period.
- The generations of people who suffered under colonial Japan are finding it difficult to come to terms with South korea.
- Even though history cannot be forgotten, It can be forgiven. A lot has changed since the 1940s
- New threats have come into the picture that has to be addressed like powerful countries like North Korea and China.
- Their strategic convergence can help in maintaining world peace by joining hands.
- This can also help India in blocking China’s Military strategic moves.