GPAI Summit Inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi
The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, kicked off the Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence (GPAI) Summit at Bharat Mandapam, New Delhi.
- GPAI stands as a collaborative initiative involving 29 member countries, focusing on narrowing the gap between theoretical concepts and practical applications in Artificial Intelligence.
- The aim is to support advanced research and applied activities in priority areas related to AI. India assumes the role of the lead chair for GPAI in 2024.
- Launched in 2020 with 15 members, GPAI has expanded to include 29 nations in its multi-stakeholder alliance.
- India’s leadership in the coming year positions it at the forefront of the global discourse on artificial intelligence.
Prime Minister’s Vision:
- In his inaugural address, PM Modi emphasized India’s commitment to hosting the GPAI Summit next year, aligning with the global dialogue on artificial intelligence.
- He advocated for a cautious approach, considering both the positive and negative dimensions of AI, as the world engages in discussions and developments in this transformative field.