DETAILS OF THE PM-DAKSH YOJNA
#GS II Government Policies and Interventions
The plan is as follows:
- From 2020 to 2021, the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment will implement the scheme.
- Up-skilling/reskilling, short-term training, long-term training, and entrepreneurial development programmes are provided to qualifying target groups under the system (EDP).
- Eligibility: SC, OBC, EBC, De-notified tribes, sanitation workers, including waste pickers, manual scavengers, transgenders, and other similar categories.
The scheme’s importance and necessity:
- Because the majority of the people in the target group have little financial resources, providing training and improving their skills is critical for economic empowerment and upliftment of these marginalised people.
- Many members of the target population are rural craftsmen who have been marginalised as a result of the introduction of superior technology to the market.
- There is also a need to empower women in the target demographic who, due to their total domestic responsibilities, are unable to participate in wage employment, which typically entails long hours and migration to other cities.
Source The Hindu