- Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi chaired a high level meeting, his second today, to review the ongoing efforts under Operation Ganga to bring back Indians stranded in Ukraine.
- The Prime Minister said that the entire government machinery is working round the clock to ensure that all Indian nationals there are safe and secure.
- The Prime Minister pointed that the visit of four senior ministers as his Special Envoys to various nations will energize the evacuation efforts.
- It is reflective of the priority the Government attaches to this matter.
- The Prime Minister noted that the first consignment of relief supplies to Ukraine to deal with the humanitarian situation on Ukraine’s borders would be despatched tomorrow.
- Guided by India’s motto of the world being one family, Prime Minister also stated that India will help people from neighbouring countries and developing countries who are stranded in Ukraine and may seek assistance.
- Under this, India has already successfully brought back more than a 1,000 of its nationals from the country.
- It has also set up 24×7 control centres to assist in the evacuation of Indians through the border crossing points with Hungary, Poland, Romania and Slovak Republic.
- A Twitter handle, ‘OpGanga Helpline’, has also been dedicated to the mission, where all information regarding evacuation process and advisories of embassies are shared to keep everyone up-to-date.
Source The Hindu