Prelims Specific Topic
- The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has authorized a test kit to detect the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus’s Omicron form.
- OmiSure is the name of the kit, which is made by Tata Medical and Diagnostics.
- Omisure, an RT-PCR kit, had already been referred to the ICMR for approval following more testing.
- With its S-Gene Target Failure (SGTF) method, the kit will be utilized to validate the Omicron in patients.
- The tests were carried out using this kit according to the manufacturer’s instructions. The manufacturer is responsible for batch-to-batch uniformity.”
- Thermo Fisher, a scientific instrumentation business based in the United States, created the Omicron detection kit currently in use in India. It, too, detects the variant using the SGTF technique.
- Source The Hindu