Union Minister of Human Resource Development, launched an initiative ‘YUKTI 2.0’ to help systematically assimilate technologies having commercial potential and information related to incubated startups in our higher education institutions.
- The portal intends to cover the different dimensions of COVID-19 challenges in a very holistic and comprehensive way.
- Through this portal, the Ministry of Human Resource Development will endeavor to ensure that students, teachers and researchers in higher educational institutions are getting appropriate support to meet the requirements needed to advance their technologies and innovations.
- YUKTI 2.0 is logical extension of earlier version of ‘YUKTI’, an initiative of MHRD, to identify ideas relevant in COVID pandemic.
- The mission of making Bharat ‘Atmanirbhar’ and, YUKTI 2.0 initiative is a very important step in that direction.
- Youngsters are very capable of thinking innovatively and we should make every possible effort to help them convert their ideas into enterprises.
- YUKTI 2.0 will also help in fostering the culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in our academic institutions.
- Students, faculty members, startups and other stakeholders of higher education institutions can register on the YUKTI portal and share their technologies and innovations.
Significance of YUKTI Portal :
- Earlier, the Minister had launched the YUKTI (Young India combating COVID with Knowledge, Technology and Innovation) web portal on 11 April, 2020. Ministry of HRD prepared the portal in view of Coronavirus.
- This portal will prove to be a milestone towards promoting innovations and entrepreneurship culture in our higher education system and involving youth in nation building.
- This database will provide a clear picture of the state of the innovation ecosystem of our higher educational institutions.
- This will also help the government to identify bottlenecks and formulate appropriate policies to strengthen the innovation ecosystem in the country.