World’s Largest Solar Tree
#GS3 #SolarEnergy #RenewableEnergy
CSIR-CMERI has developed the World’s Largest Solar Tree, which is installed at CSIR-CMERI Residential Colony, Durgapur.
- The installed capacity of the Solar Tree is above 11.5 kWp.
- It has the annual capacity to generate 12,000-14,000 units of Clean and Green Power
- The Solar Tree has been designed in a manner to ensure maximum exposure of each Solar PV Panel to Sunlight and also creation of the least amount of shadow area beneath.
- There are a total of 35 Solar PV Panels in each tree with a capacity of 330 wp each.
- The inclination of the arms holding the Solar PV Panels are flexible and can be adjusted as per requirement, this feature is not available in Roof-Mounted Solar facilities.
- The energy generation data can be monitored either real-time or on daily basis.
- These Solar Trees can be aligned with Agriculture for substituting price-volatile fossil fuels.
- Each Solar Tree has the potential to save 10-12 tons of CO2 emissions being released into the atmosphere as Greenhouse Gases when compared with fossil fuel fired energy generation.
- Besides, the surplus generated power can be fed into an Energy Grid.
- The solar tree has the capability to incorporate IOT based features, i.e. round-the-clock CCTV surveillance in agricultural fields, real-time humidity, wind speed, rainfall prediction and soil analytics sensors.
- The CSIR-CMERI developed solar powered e-Suvidha Kiosks may also be connected to the Solar Trees for real-time access to the vast majority of agricultural database as well as to the eNAM i.e. National Agricultural MarketPlace for instant and real-time access to an unified online market.
- This Solar Tree is a Quantum Leap towards making an Energy Reliant and Carbon Negative India.