#GS2 #Schemes #Governance
On the occasion of National Panchayati Raj Day 2020 (April 24), PM Modi launched a unified e-GramSwaraj Portal and mobile application and Swamitva Scheme.
- The Swamitva scheme which is launched in pilot mode in 6 states helps to map rural inhabited lands using drones and latest survey methods.
- The scheme will ensure streamlined planning, revenue collection and provide clarity over property rights in rural areas.
- This will open up avenues for applying for loans from financial institutions by the owners. Disputes related to property would also be settled through the title deeds allotted through this scheme.
e-Gram Swaraj Portal and Mobile App
- The e-GramSwaraj helps prepare and execute Gram Panchayat Development Plans.
- The portal will ensure real time monitoring and accountability.
- The portal is a major step towards digitization down to the Gram Panchayat level.