Sanskritik Sadbhav Mandap
Union Minister of Minority Affairs has recently inaugurated “Sanskritik Sadbhav Mandap” at Rampur, Uttar Pradesh.
- It is constructed under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karykram (PMJVK).
- This community centre will be utilised for various socio-economic-cultural activities, skill development training, coaching, relief activities during disaster such as Corona and different sports activities.
What is Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram?
- The erstwhile Multi-sectoral Development Programme (MsDP), a centrally sponsored scheme has been restructured and renamed as Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram.
- MsDP, a centrally sponsored scheme, launched to address the development deficits in 90 minority concentration districts in the country to address the development deficits.
- It has been identified as one of the Core of the Core Schemes under National Development Agenda.
- It aims at improving the socio-economic parameters of basic amenities for improving the quality of life of the people and reducing imbalances in the Minority Concentration Areas.
- Minority Concentration Areas have been identified based on both population data (25% of the total population belongs to minority communities) and backwardness parameters of Census 2001 of these areas.
The backwardness parameters
- Religion-specific socio-economic indicators at the district level
- Literacy rate;
- Female literacy rate ;
- Work participation rate; and
- Female work participation rate; and
- Basic amenities indicators at the district level –
- Percentage of households with pucca walls‘
- Percentage of households with safe drinking water &
- Percentage of households with electricity
- The projects considered are additional class rooms, laboratories, school buildings, hostels, toilets, buildings for Polytechnics, ITIs, Community Health Centres, Primary Health Centres / Sub-centres, Anganwadi Centres, Rural Housing etc.
- Education, Health and Skill are the priority under MsDP.
- The projects are funded in the ratio of 60:40 and for NE and Hilly States at 90:10 between the Centre and States.