Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and NITI Aayog have organised a Global Virtual Summit on Artificial Intelligence (AI), RAISE 2020 (Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020).
- Industry analysts predict that AI could add up to USD 957 billion to India’s economy by 2035. India plans to leverage AI for inclusive development, representing the country’s ‘AI for All’ strategy.
- Directed by the Prime Minister’s vision, India will soon stand out in the international community not just as a leader in the Artificial Intelligence field, but also as a model to show the world how to responsibly direct AI for social empowerment.
- From agriculture to fin-tech and healthcare to infrastructure, artificial intelligence can be a truly transformative force. India is uniquely positioned to become the AI laboratory of the world and contribute to inclusive development and growth through empowerment.
- The RAISE 2020 Summit will serve as a platform for discussion and consensus building to help create a data-rich environment, which is a stepping stone to eventually transform lives globally.
- It will facilitate an exchange of ideas to create mass awareness about the need to ethically develop and practice AI.
About RAISE 2020
- RAISE 2020 is a first of its-kind, global meeting of minds on Artificial Intelligence to drive India’s vision and roadmap for social transformation, inclusion and empowerment through responsible AI.
- Organised by Government of India along with Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and NITI Aayog, the event will witness robust participation from global industry leaders, key opinion makers, Government representatives and academia.