PM chairs 33rd PRAGATI interaction
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi chaired the PRAGATI meeting which marked the thirty-third interaction through PRAGATI - the ICT based multi-modal platform for Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation, involving Central and State governments.
- PRAGATI is an Information and Communication Technology (ICT) platform existing in the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO).
- Which reviews and monitors various Government Projects across the country.
- It was launched in 2015.
- It is an interactive and integrated platform chiefly for addressing the grievances of the common man, while at the same time, monitoring government projects and programmes/schemes.
- The platform was designed by the PMO in coordination with the National Informatics Centre.
- The chief aims of PRAGATI platform:
- Project implementation
- Project monitoring
- Grievance redressal
- The platform combines three technologies namely,
- Digital data management
- Video conferencing
- Geo-spatial technology
- The platform also brings together the different secretaries of the GOI and the States’ Chief Secretaries, along with the Prime Minister.
- The PM discusses the issues related to the projects and is also presented with the ground-level situation.
The major features of this platform are described below:
- The system is a 3-tier system comprising of:
- Secretaries of the GOI
- State Chief Secretaries
- The PM will hold monthly interactions with the secretaries and Chief Secretaries via this platform. The interactions will take place on the fourth Wednesday of every month. The day will be called ‘PRAGATI Day’.
- The issues that will be discussed are picked out from the databases related to ongoing programmes of the government, pending projects and public grievances.
- The issues will take into account the various letters written to the PM by the common man and other people.
- The PM is able to see on screen the issues and the latest updates on them.