NHAI Becomes First Fully Digitalised Organisation in Construction Sector
The National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) under the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways becomes the first Organisation in the Construction Sector to become fully digitalised utilising the cloud and artificial intelligence.
- The digitalisation is powered by the Data Lake, a Big Data Analytic platform and Project Management softwares.
- The NHAI transformed the complete project management workflow including the timelines and alert mechanism workflow from manual to online portal based.
- The documentations, contractual decisions and approvals are made through the online portal.
- The authorities, Engineers and Project directors are using the Data Lake.
- The e-Office module of the NHAI is integrated with the system so all corresponding can flow digitally from the field unit to the headquarters in a secured manner.
- It will support the forecasting delays, disputes and alerts in advance.
- Apart from speeding up the decision making, as the system is enabled to predict the financial impacts based on the historical data it will support in taking correct and timely decisions.
Advantages of Data Lake:
- All the documents and correspondences of the project will be stored in the Data Lake in digital format with GIS tagging and unique project ID enabling easy access from anywhere at any time.
- The disputes due to delay in handing over the site, utility shifting, machineries, manpower, idling charges of plants will be rectified.
- This will increase the transparency of NHAI and secure the records.
- Through Connecting the officers and stakeholders to the project and get real time updates, this will enable the seniors to audit the concurrent performance.