National Testing Agency
Union Minister for Human Resources Development has announce that National Testing Agency (NTA) has launched Hindi Tests on National Test Abhyas mobile app.
What is National Testing Agency?
- National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts competitive exams like JEE and NEET has launched its Artificial Intelligence (AI)-powered smartphone app to empower engineering and medical aspirants to prepare safely from their homes, for entrance exams including JEE Main, NEET.
- National Testing Agency (NTA) was established as a Society registered under the Indian Societies Registration Act, 1860.
- It is an autonomous and self-sustained testing organisation to conduct entrance examinations for admission/fellowship in higher educational institutions.
- It is to conduct efficient, transparent and international standards tests in order to assess the competency of candidates for admission and recruitment purposes.
- NTA is chaired by an eminent educationist appointed by the Ministry of Human Resource Development. The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will be the Director-General to be appointed by the Government. There will be a Board of Governors comprising members from user institutions.