National Crisis Management Committee(NCMC)
Cabinet Secretary chaired the second meeting of the National Crisis Management Committee (NCMC) to review the preparedness of States and Central Ministries/Agencies to deal with the Cyclonic Storm “Nisarga”.
- India Meteorological Department (IMD) has stated that the Severe Cyclonic Storm is expected to impact the Maharashtra coast by the afternoon/evening of 3rd June.
- High wind speeds ranging up to 100-110 kmph gusting to 120 kmph are expected, accompanied by heavy rainfall and storm surges of 1-2 metres in the coastal districts of the State.
- For effective implementation of relief measures in the wake of a natural calamity, the Cabinet may set up a committee.
- On the constitution of such a committee of the Cabinet, the Agriculture Secretary shall provide all necessary information to and seek directions if any, of the Cabinet Committee in all matters concerning relief in the wake of natural calamity and take steps for effective implementation of its directions.
- In the absence of such a Cabinet Committee, all matter relating to relief shall be reported to the Cabinet Secretary.
- A National Crisis Management Committee(NCMC) has been constituted in the Cabinet Secretariat.
The composition of the Committee is as under:
- Cabinet Secretary Chairman, Secretary to Prime Minister Member, Secretary (MHA) Member, Secretary (MCD) Member, Director (IB) Member, Secretary (R&AW) Member, Secretary (Agri & Coopn.) Co-opted Member, An officer of Cabinet Secretariat, Convenor.