Kerala’s weekend dip doesn’t lower positivity
#GS3 #COVID-19 #PANDEMIC
3,593 cases were reported, but rate stands at 11.05%
- Only 3,593 people tested positive for COVID-19 in Kerala, when 32,489 samples were tested.
- The case numbers were low, but test positivity rate remained almost the same as previous days, at 11.05%. The COVID toll touched 1,714, with the Health Department adding 22 deaths to the list. Thiruvananthapuram accounted for eight deaths, Alappuzha four, Ernakulam and Kollam three each, Wayanad two, while Malappuram and Kannur reported one death each.
- Malappuram district reported 548 cases, Kozhikode 479, Ernakulam 433, Thrissur 430, Alappuzha 353, Thiruvananthapuram 324, Kollam 236, Palakkad 225, Kottayam 203, Kannur 152, Kasaragod 75, Wayanad 50, Pathanamthitta 43 and Idukki 42 cases.
- Telangana recorded 857 cases and four deaths. Only 23,806 tests were conducted, as against around 45,000 normally.
- The new cases included 250 from Greater Hyderabad.
- Andhra Pradesh reported 1,392 infections and 11 deaths. It was the lowest single-day tally in four months, and positivity rate for 61,050 samples was 2.28%.
- Seven districts reported no new deaths, while Krishna district reported five. Kadapa reported two and East Godavari, Guntur, Visakhapatnam and West Godavari one each.
- After 150 days, the number of deaths reported due to COVID-19 in Tamil Nadu every day came below the 20 mark on Monday. A total of 18 deaths were reported, taking the total toll to 11,362. The last time the count was below 20 was on June 12, when a similar number of deaths was reported.