Jal Jeevan scheme in Arunachal Pradesh:
- Arunachal Pradesh Government has decided to provide 100% tap water connections to all the households in the State by 2023 under Jal Jeevan Mission.
- Serin village is situated in the Taman – Raga block of Kamle district in the State of Arunachal Pradesh.
- Accessing this small remote village is not an easy task.
- One has to trek minimum one day on foot to reach Serin
- The terrain is tough here. The distance between Serin village and its nearest Pucca road is 22 km.
- The village is inhabited by the Nyishi tribe with a total population of 130.
- Earlier, fetching water was a time taking and arduous task especially for the elderly people of Serin village as they had to fetch water from the nearby spring sources.
- But now thanks to the Serin water supply scheme, tap connections are available in every household.
Jal Jeevan Mission
- The flagship program of Government which aims to provide safe drinking water to all is an initiative under the Ministry of Jal Shakti
- The Jal Jeevan Mission will be based on a community approach to water and will include extensive Information, Education, and communication as a key component of the mission.
- The fund sharing pattern between the Centre and states is 90:10 for Himalayan and North-Eastern States, 50:50 for other states, and 100% for Union Territories.
- The Jal Jeevan Mission will converge with other Central and State Government Schemes to achieve its objectives of sustainable water supply management across the country.