India has one of the lowest COVID-19 cases per million in the world.
#GS 3#Science and technology#
- According to the World Health Organization Situation Report, India’s cases per million population is around 505 while the global average is at over one thousand 453.
- Chile has witnessed around 15 thousand 459 cases of COVID-19 per million population, while the US over eight thousand 500, Brazil over seven thousand 419, and Spain witnessed over five thousand 358 cases per million population.
- The WHO Situation Report also shows that India has one of the lowest deaths per million population. India’s cases of death per million population are around 14 while the global average is more than its four times, at 68.
- India is preparing to cope up with covid19 and the preparedness included arrangement of oxygen support, ICU and ventilator facilities.
- Early detection and timely effective clinical management of COVID-19 cases have resulted in increasing daily recoveries. During the last 24 hours, a total of 15 thousand 515 COVID-19 patients have been cured, taking the cumulative figure of recovered cases to more than four lakh 39 thousand.
- Presently, there are over two lakh 59 thousand active cases and all are under medical supervision.
- During the last 24 hours, more than two lakh 41 thousand samples have been tested. With this, the nationwide samples tested for COVID-19 reached to over one crore two lakh.