IICT Scientist to be awarded CRSI Bronze Medal
Srihari Pabbaraja, senior principal scientist working in the Department of Organic Synthesis and Process Chemistry, CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Technology (IICT), Hyderabad, has been selected for the Chemical Research Society of India (CRSI) Bronze medal 2021 for his contributions on the total synthesis of natural products and method development for new chemical entities.
- The coveted Bronze Medal conferred by CRSI, will be presented to him during the 27th CRSI-RSC joint symposium to be held at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati.
- Isolated natural products are available in very less quantity.
- Pabbaraja is associated with the backward integration of hydroxychloroquine, a repurposed drug for novel corona virus (COVID-19) and synthesis of its key intermediates from indigenously available raw materials.
- He is also involved in the application of flow chemistry technology for the synthesis of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs).
- Pabbaraja is a recipient of several prestigious awards including CSIR Young Scientist Award-2009.
He also received OPPI Young Scientist Award-2009, AVRA Young Scientist Award-2014, Dr AK Singh Memorial Young Scientist Award-2016 and CDRI Award for Excellence in Drug Research-2018, among many others. He is also an Associate Fellow of Andhra Pradesh Akademi of Sciences (FAPAS).