#GS3 #Technology #Infrastructure
Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has made the use of FASTag mandatory for availing return journey discount or any other exemptions on Toll Fee Plazas.
- Users who wish to claim a discount for making return journey within 24 hours or any other local exemptions, shall be required to have a valid functional FASTag on the vehicle.
- This is another step towards promoting the use of digital payments on Fee Plazas of NHs.
- The fee payable towards such discounts shall be paid through pre-paid instruments, smart card or through FASTag or on board unit (transponder) or any other such device only.
- FASTag device, which comes under the National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) program, is designed to employ Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology to make toll payments directly while the vehicle is in motion.
- FASTag is an RFID passive tag used for making toll payments directly from the customers linked prepaid or savings/current account.
- It is affixed on the windscreen of the vehicle and enables the customer to drive through toll plazas, without stopping for any toll payments.
- The toll fare is directly deducted from the linked account of the customer. FASTag is also vehicle specific and once it is affixed to a vehicle, it cannot be transferred to another vehicle. FASTag can be purchased from any of the NETC Member Banks.
- Customers have to recharge your FASTag account online through issuing a member bank portal using UPI/ Debit Card/Credit Card/ NEFT/ RTGS /Net Banking. T
- The cashback scheme is also available to the customers on toll payments using FASTag at National Highways Toll Plazas.