Exercise Suraksha Kavach
Agnibaaz Division organised a joint exercise for both Indian Army and Maharashtra Police at Lullanagar Pune recently.
- The aim of the exercise was to harmonise the drills and procedures of both Army and Police for activating anti-terrorist Quick Reaction Teams (QRTs) to counter any terrorist actions in Pune.
- The exercise provided an opportunity for both Army and Police to cooperate, coordinate, coopt and streamline their drills and procedures.
- The exercise involved participation of:
- Quick Reaction Teams
- Dog Squads
- Bomb Disposal Teams of Army
- Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS)
- Quick Reaction Team of Maharashtra Police.
- A simulated exercise scenario was built up regarding the presence of terrorist in family accommodations at Lullanagar.
- It was based on which Quick Reaction Teams of Army initially established the outer cordon.
- Traffic control on the nearby roads was jointly carried out by Maharashtra traffic police and Corps of Military Police Army.