Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat (EBSB)
#GS2 #Governance #Culture
Union Ministry of HRD has decided to take forward the Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat (EBSB) programme by using innovative ways in view of the prevailing conditions of COVID 19.
During the recent meeting, following was decided:
- To move towards digital mediums for the carrying on the activities under EBSB by each participating Ministry/ Department. To organise webinars on Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat themes for their wide dissemination.
- To have a common repository for the Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat digital resources that can be used by every Ministry. This repository may be hosted on a common portal.
Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
- Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat was announced on the occasion of the 140th birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel on 31st October (Ekta Divas).
- Through this innovative measure, the knowledge of the culture, traditions and practices of different states & UTs will lead to an enhanced understanding and bonding between the states, thereby strengthening the unity and integrity of India.
The broad objectives of the initiative
- To celebrate the unity in diversity of our nation and to maintain and strengthen the fabric of traditionally existing emotional bonds between the people of our country
- To promote the spirit of national integration through a deep and structured engagement between all states and union territories through a year-long planned engagement between states
- To showcase the rich heritage and culture, customs and traditions of either state for enabling people to understand and appreciate the diversity that is India, thus fostering a sense of common identity
- To establish long term engagements
- To create an environment which promotes learning between states by sharing best practices and experiences
- Under it rich heritage and culture, customs and traditions of either State will be showcased for enabling people to understand and appreciate the diversity that is India, thus foster sense of common identity.
- It will also establish long-term engagements and create an environment which promotes learning between States by sharing best practices and experiences.