Economic activities may further ease in green zones after May 3
- With less than a week remaining for the second phase of the country-wide lockdown to end, discussions are still under way over the ways of easing restrictions with increasing exemptions.
- Government sources indicated that economic activities could be further eased in districts coming under the green zone post May 3.
- The rural industries were permitted to function keeping social distancing in districts coming under green zone.
- A stricter vigil could be mounted in districts and urban centres in red zones. The ban on sale of liquor could continue till the end of May as Prime Minister is also not inclined to this.
- There will be no compromise on the vigil in red zone while no full relaxation will be extended in green zone. The government has to strike a balance.
- On how the lockdown could progress post May 3, the official said that the State government will follow the directions of the Union government.
blog comments powered by