PM Hands Over Arjun Mk-1A Tank To Army
#Prelimsfacts #Security #GS3
Main Battle Tank (MBT) Arjun is a multi-laboratory programme of DRDO with CVRDE(Combat Vehicles Research and Development Establishment) as the lead Laboratory.
It is a state-of-the-art tank with superior fire power, high mobility, and excellent protection.
Twelve Mk 1 prototypes of MBT Arjun have been manufactured and their performance tests have provided satisfactory results.
Some of the breakthroughs achieved by CVRDE during the development of MBT Arjun are in Engine, Transmission, Hydropneumatic Suspension, Hull and Turret, and Gun Control System.
The superior armour defeating capability of the indigenously developed Fin Stabilized Armour Piercing Discarding Sabot (FSAPDS) ammunition and 120 mm calibre rifled gun give MBT ARJUN an edge over contemporary world tanks.
A computer-controlled integrated fire control system incorporating day-cum-night stabilized sighting system guarantees a very high first round hit probability and reduced reaction time to bring effective fire on targets.
The stabilization system for the main armament, slaved to the sighting equipment in elevation and azimuth, with a high and accurate laying speed, allows fire on the move.
- Accurate and fast target acquisition capability during day and night and in all types of weather.
- Shortest possible reaction time during combat engagements.
- Ability to accurately engage targets on move.
- Capability to destroy all possible enemy armour at maximum battle ranges
- Excellent first hit probability
- High performance engine
- Robust and effective transmission system particularly flexible hydropneumatic suspension.
- Optimized running gear with its high shock energy absorption.
- The computerised design and simulation.
- A fabricated turret housing lightweight compact KANCHAN armour.
- Careful dimensioning of wall through optimal slopes and angles.
- A low silhouette.
Former U.S. President Donald Trump was acquitted by the U.S. Senate in the impeachment trial with regard to the January 6 attack on the Capitol by a mob of his supporters seeking to stop the certification of the Electoral College results.
Impeachment of President in USA:
- The USA legislature (Congress) of the United States consists of two houses:
- The Senate, in which each state, regardless of its size, is represented by two senators.
- House of Representatives, to which members are elected on the basis of population.
- The USA Constitution states that the President can be removed for conviction of treason, bribery, or other high crimes or misdemeanour.
- The House of Representatives (Lower House) has the “the sole power of impeachment” while the Senate (Upper House) has “the sole power to try all impeachments”.
- The Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court has the duty of presiding over impeachment trials in the Senate.
- First, there is an investigation by a House committee. If they realise there is enough evidence of wrongdoing, it will refer the issue to the House.
- When the full House votes, if one or more of the articles of impeachment gets a majority vote, the President is impeached. Then, the proceedings move to the Senate.
- The Senate holds a trial, overseen by the chief justice of the Supreme Court. A team of lawmakers from the House, known as managers, play the role of prosecutors. The President has defence lawyers, and the Senate serves as the jury. If at least two-thirds of the Senators present find the President guilty, he is removed, and the Vice President takes over as President.
Fossils Of ‘Dickinsonia’ Found At Bhimbetka
Researchers have discovered three fossils of the earliest known living animal — the 550-million-year-old ‘Dickinsonia’ — on the roof of the Bhimbetka Rock Shelters.