Partial relaxation in lockdown norms in State from today
#GS2 #Governance #LockdownNorms
Almost all activities related to agriculture, allied sectors allowed
- The Karnataka State government relaxed partially the lockdown norms from 22nd April.
- While almost all activities related to agriculture and allied sectors besides construction work in rural and semi-urban areas have got exemption from the norms, chosen commercial activities, including manufacturing sectors involved in production and delivery of essential services, packaging industry, and courier/postal services have been allowed to operate in urban areas.
- However, these relaxations will not apply to containment zones.
- Motor mechanics, plumbers, electricians, those taking care of IT-product repairs and carpenters too have been allowed to operate.
- IT and IT-enabled services, as promised by the government earlier, can work only with “essential minimum staff only”.
- The remaining employees of these firms would have to work from home, as per the Karnataka State Consolidated Revised Guidelines issued by the government.
- As earlier, essential services such as medical facilities, grocery units, banking activities and a host of government offices would continue to work in urban as well as rural areas.
- All the players in the supply chain of essential commodities have been kept out of lockdown norms.
- At the same time, the notification has asked the district authorities to take measures for online delivery of essential commodities so that residents need not come out of their houses.
- All the manufacturing units involved in production of essential items, including drugs and medical devices have been allowed to function.