Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog and National Informatics Centre (NIC) today jointly launched CollabCAD, a collaborative network, computer enabled software system, providing a total engineering solution from 2D drafting & detailing to 3D product design.
- The aim of this initiative is to provide a great platform to students of Atal Tinkering Labs (ATLs) across country to create and modify 3d designs with free flow of creativity and imagination.
- This software would also enable students to create data across the network and concurrently access the same design data for storage and visualizationATLs established across India, provide tinkering spaces to children to hone their innovative ideas and creativity.
- AIM’s collaboration with NIC’s CollabCAD is a great platform for students to utilize indigenous, state-of-the-art made-in-India software for 3D modeling/slicing to use 3D Printing.
- A customized version of CollabCAD for ATLs with features that are most relevant to school students to materialize their ideas and creativity into physical solutions has been developed to enable designing without constraints and, thus, allowing creativity and innovation to thrive.
- AIM also launched the Game Development module in partnership with DELL Technologies and Learning Links Foundation.
- It is an online platform where students can start their learning journey while tinkering from home.
- Through the platform they can learn to create their own games and also share it with others.
- This platform envisages to make students transition from ‘game players’ to ‘game makers’
- Similarly, by launching CollabCAD and gaming module as part of the ‘Tinker from Home’ campaign, young students are encouraged to learn and contribute to the journey of nation building from the safe space of their homes.
- Atal Innovation Mission housed at NITI Aayog is the Government of India’s flagship initiative to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship.
- At the school level, AIM is establishing ATLs in all districts across India. As of today, AIM has selected a total of 14,916 schools across the country spread across 33 different states and union territories, for the establishment of ATLs.
BANK SAKHI/ BC SAKHI
SHG women working as Business Correspondents for banks (BC Sakhis) and Bank Sakhis playing a vital role in disbursement of first tranch of ex-gratia of Rs.500/- to women PMJDY accounts amidst COVID-19 Lockdown
- BC Sakhis are Self-Help Groups (SHGs) women working as Business Correspondents for banks.
- A Bank Sakhi is someone who has been an SHG member involved in conducting banking and book-keeping activities of the group.
- As a Bank Sakhi, she provides a range of financial services on behalf of the bank to her community and is supported by the local SHG federation which provides capacity development, training, and financial awareness in the community.
- She is paid a commission by the bank for different services, which covers her costs and provides her with an income.