CIPET to take up R&D initiatives in the areas of Health Care
#GS3 #Science&Technology #Health&Infra
To deal with COVID-19 pandemic Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology (CIPET) a premier national institution under the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Govt. of India is to take up Research and Development ( R&D) initiatives in the areas of Health Care, like Manufacturing and Certifying PPE and other relevant products as per WHO/ ISO guidelines.
- CIPET has stated that as per the directives from Cabinet Secretariat CIPET has been advised to take up the R&D initiatives in the areas of Health Care.
- Accordingly, Testing Facilities for PPE and allied products as per the ISO/ WHO guidelines and National Accreditation Board for testing & calibration Laboratories ( NABL) accreditation at the three CIPET :institute of plastic Technology (IPT) centres, namely, IPTs Bhubaneswar, Chennai, and Lucknow will be ready shortly.
- CIPET: centre for Skilling and technical support (CSTS )Murthal had developed a 'Face Shield' to help health workers, farmers, labourers, police personnel etc. as a protective equipment to fight against 'Coronovirus'.
- The Central Institute of Plastics Engineering & Technology (CIPET) was established in 1968 with the assistance of United Nations Development Programme(UNDP) at Chennai.
- The institute was set up to develop manpower in different disciplines of Plastics Engineering & Technology as no such institute existed in the country.
- CIPET is working under the Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers and is focused on Skill Development, Technology Support Services, Academic and Research.
Functions of CIPET
- CIPET renders Technology Support Service in the areas of design, tooling, plastics processing and testing and quality assurance in India and abroad.
- CIPET is at the forefront of strengthening the technological capabilities and has been constantly building capacities and leveraging its expertise, calibre and skill sets to meet the emerging and evolving needs of the industries.
- CIPET works in close liaison with industries to implement its initiatives in the areas of Polymer and allied industries in accordance with the environmental policies of the country.