#GS3 #Economy #MSME #Technology
News : In a major initiative Union Ministry of MSME has launched CHAMPIONS portal www,Champions.gov.in, a Technology driven Control Room-Cum-Management Information System. The system utilising modern ICT tools is aimed at assisting Indian MSMEs march into big league as National and Global CHAMPIONS.
- A unified, empowered, robust, bundled and technology driven platform for helping and promoting the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) of the country.
- As the name suggests it will aim at Creation and Harmonious Application of Modern Processes for Increasing the Output and National Strength. Accordingly, the name of the system is CHAMPIONS.
- This is basically for making the smaller units big by helping and handholding.
- It is a technology packed control room-cum-management information system.
- In addition to ICT tools including telephone, internet and video conference, the system is enabled by Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics and Machine Learning. It is also fully integrated on real time basis with GOI’s main grievances portal CPGRAMS and MSME Ministry’s own other web based mechanisms. The entire ICT architecture is created in house with the help of NIC in no cost.
- Similarly, the physical infrastructure is created in one of ministry’s dumping rooms in a record time.
Three basic objectives of the CHAMPIONS:
- How to help the MSMEs in this difficult situation in terms of finance, raw materials, labour, permissions, etc.
- How to help them capture new opportunities like manufacturing of medical accessories and products like PPEs, masks, etc.
- How to identify the sparks, i.e., the bright MSMEs who can not only withstand but can also become national and international champions.