Centers of Excellence for tribal welfare
#GS2 #Governance #Welfare #Tribes
The Union Tribal Minister launched two Centers of Excellence (CoE) for Tribal Welfare in a collaboration between Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA) and Art of Living (AoL).
- Art of Living has a vast network of volunteers who will make this program successful. AoL is running 750 schools all over India.
- First CoE in the field of training 10000 tribal farmers in Aurangabad district of Maharashtra on sustainable natural farming based on Go-Adharith farming techniques. Farmers will be helped in getting the Organic certification and the marketing opportunities will be made available to them to make each of them Atmanirbhar Tribal Farmers.
- Second CoE in the field of ‘Strengthening Panchayati Raj Institutions’ in 5 districts covering 30 Gram Panchayats and 150 villages of Jharkhand.
- Strengthening of tribal PRIs will also help to educate them about their constitutional rights. This will empower the PRIs in matters relating to decision making and development of their community.
- These steps will fulfil the dream of Aatmnirbhar Bharat.