#GS2 #Governance #Health
News : Union Health & Family Welfare Ministry launched the ‘AYUSH Sanjivani’ App and two AYUSH based studies related to COVID-19 situation.
- The app was developed by the Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homoeopathy (AYUSH) and Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MEITY).
- The AYUSH Sanjivani mobile app will help to generate data on acceptance and usage of AYUSH advocacies and measures among the population and its impact on the prevention of COVID-19.
- It is expected to reach out to a target of 50 lakh people.
- The COVID-19 management has provided a potent platform for the alliance between MoHFW, MoAYUSH, and technology organizations such as CSIR, ICMR, and UGC to not only develop AYUSH interventions and solutions but also help in promoting AYUSH knowledge for the larger good of the global community.
- These organizations are partnering with the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) for this regard.
- ICMR and DCGI will support and guide AYUSH in propagating the wholesomeness and holistic health benefits of the age-old traditional medicinal knowledge of Ayurveda.