ASEAN PhD Fellowship Programme (APFP)
Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank virtually addressed the students from ASEAN member states who have been selected for the prestigious ASEAN PhD Fellowship Programme (APFP) funded by the Government of India.
- The ASEAN PhD Fellowship Programme was announced on 25th January 2018, by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the presence of leaders of all the ten ASEAN member states.
- Under the APFP, one thousand fellowships will be provided exclusively to the ASEAN citizens.
- APFP is also the largest capacity development programme undertaken by the Government of India for foreign beneficiaries.
- APFP will open many doors to synergies in the field of technology and research for the academicians, researchers and the scientists from India and ASEAN.
- The students of the ASEAN member states have got the opportunity to study in the IITs, which are among the best global institutions.