blog comments powered by
A.P. to send back 13,000 tonne styrene
- Andhra Pradesh government has begun the process of transporting 13,000 tonnes of styrene gas in two consignments of 8,000 tonnes and 5,000 tonnes to South Korea.
- The remaining gas in the storage tanks of the factory that leaked has been converted to 100% polymer.
- The government is also drawing up plans to shift the hazardous industries to places far away from cities and towns to avert such accidents.
- The danger at the plant had subsided as the temperature of the styrene gas had been brought to relatively cool 73 degrees Celsius.
- Around 13,000 tonnes of gas stored in tanks is intact and it is being loaded into two vessels.