Amazon, Railways boost partnership for supplies
Firm leverages COVID-19 parcel trains
- Amazon India announced that it had strengthened its partnership with the Indian Railways to transport consignments via rail route across the country.
- The company is leveraging the ‘COVID-19 Parcel Special Trains’ introduced by the Indian Railways to ramp up operations to 55 lanes during the lockdown period.
- Indian Railways, with the support of the Railway Board and the zones across Western, Central, Northern, Eastern, South Central, Southern, South Eastern, North East Frontier, North Western and South Western, have created a proactive solution to provide support for transportation during the lockdown.
- This enhanced network will enable sellers to ship their products and keep businesses running, thereby, allowing people to access essential products.
- In these unprecedented times, we understand the importance of ensuring that critical supplies reach our customers across the country.
- With the support of COVID-19 Parcel Special trains introduced by the Railways, we are confident that we can further fulfil customer orders with enhanced speed and capacity.