CCI To Export 10 Lakh Bales Of Cotton
The cotton corporation of india is now planning to export at least 10 lakh bale sof cotton in present season this plan was put forward by the cci chairman-cum managing director pradeep kumar agarwal.
- As per the reports, CCI had procured around 85 lakh bales of cotton at minimum support price (MSP) since the start of the ongoing cotton season i.e. October 2020-September 2021.
- As the cotton prices rising, the CCI had reduced the cotton purchases at MSP.
- The farmers are getting better prices for their cotton produce.
- Thus, the daily purchase of CCI has decreased to 40,000 to 50,000 bales of cotton in a day from around 2 lakh bales in a day just a few weeks ago.
- The CCI is mainly active in Maharashtra and Telangana. The Corporation will continue to be in the market till the end of the season.
- Out of the total cotton procured by CCI so far, it had sold 12 lakh bales to the domestic textile sector.
- As of now, the CCI has exported around 25,000 bales of cotton.
- Now, CCI is planning to export at least 10 lakh bales this season and it is expected that much of this export would be to Bangladesh.
Agreement expected between India and Bangladesh
It is expected that India and Bangladesh will sign an agreement for cotton export. In addition to this, cotton exports to other countries can also take place through merchant exporters.
Cotton Corporation of India (CCI)
It is an agency under the government of India that is involved in the procurement, trade, and export of cotton in the country. It was founded in the year 1970 and is headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
MoRTH-DRDO join hands for geo-hazard Management.
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) have entered into an agreement to strengthen cooperation in the sector of technical exchange and on sustainable geo-hazard management.
- This geo-hazard management agreement was signed between the DRDO’s G Satheesh Reddy and MoRTH Secretary GiridharAramane.
- Under the agreement, MoRTH and DRDO will increase cooperation in the fields of mutual benefit like designing and planning of different landslide/avalanche control structures, conceptual planning of integrated landslide/avalanche protection schemes for all-weather connectivity in snowbound areas of our country, pre-feasibility of viaducts and tunnels, association in preparation of proposals/DPRs for tunnels including geotechnical/geological/terrain modeling, etc.
- This initiative of geo-hazard management will ensure the safety of people on national highways in the country during landslides and other natural calamities.
- Both the organizations will use the DRDO expertise through the Defence Geo-Informatics Research Establishment (DGRE) for offering measures for damages due to avalanches, landslides, and natural calamities.
- The collaboration areas include- investigation of the existing critical avalanches/geohazards, planning, designing, and formulation of sustainable mitigation measures for geo-hazards, monitoring the implementation of the mitigation measures, etc.
DRDO is working on different cutting edge technologies. A premier laboratory of DRDO, the Defence Geo-Informatics Research Establishment (DGRE) is a leader in developing technologies for increasing combat effectiveness with a focus on avalanches and terrain.
India, Eu Hold First Virtual Maritime Security Dialogue.
India and the European union held their first virtual maritime security dialogue on January 20, 2021. The maritime security dialogue was chaired by the joint secretary Sandeep arya from the Indians side and director Joanneke balfoort on the European union external action service side.
- The consultation between India and the EU during the dialogue involved exchanges on the development in regional cooperation activities, maritime security environment, opportunities for cooperation between India and the European Union, and developments of mutual interest.
- India & EU held their first maritime security dialogue in a virtual format today. Consultations involved exchanges on developments in maritime security environment, regional cooperation activities, developments of mutual interest & opportunities for cooperation between India & EU: MEA
- The India-EU Maritime Security Dialogue aimed at developing the mutual understanding and cooperation between the EU and India in the maritime security domain.
- The interaction will also be another factor of the strategic partnership between the two regions which is consistent with the India-EU Roadmap to 2025.
- The relations between both the regions have been currently defined by the European Union-India Cooperation Agreement signed in 1994. The European Union has also been a significant trade partner of India and the two sides have also been negotiating a trade deal since 2007.
- In the financial year 2018-2019, the bilateral trade of the India-European Union stood at US$104.3 billion. India was also one of the first countries that developed relations with the European Union and in 2004 they both became strategic partners.
Karnataka tops the NITI Aayog innovation index.
NITI Aayog releases 2nd edition of India Innovation Index-2020
Tweeted by @RajivKumar1
NITI Aayog released the second edition of the India Innovation Index-2020 today. The index demonstrates the government's continued commitment towards transforming the country into an innovation-driven economy.
While releasing the India Innovation Index-2020 in New Delhi, Vice Chairman of NITI Aayog Rajiv Kumar said, the index illustrates that India is on the right path and the states are endeavouring to improve their innovative ecosystem.
The need to improve the coordination mechanism between the various Science and Technology institutions of government and the private sector.
India Innovation Index should be in sync with Global innovation index’s parameters.
Chief Executive Officer of NITI Aayog, Amitabh Kant said that innovation will play a key role in making the country self-reliant and heading towards the five trillion dollar economy. the innovation index will increase the competitive federalism among the States and Union Territories.
In the India Innovation Index-2020, the States and Union Territories have been divided into 17 Major States, 10 North-East and Hill States and nine Union Territories and Small States for effectively comparing their performance.
In the 2020 ranking, Karnataka retained its first position in the Major States category. Maharashtra moved one position higher and stood at 2nd spot while Tamil Nadu slid to 3rd position.In the North East and Hill States category, Himachal Pradesh stands at first position followed by Uttarakhand and Manipur. Delhi stands at the first position while Chandigarh retained its second spot in the Union Territories and small States category.
Cabinet approves Rs 5,282 cr investment for Ratle Hydro Power Project in J&K
The cabinet has given its approval for the investment of over 5200 crore rupees for 850 mw ratle hydro electric (he) project located on river chenab, in kishtwar in the union territory of jammu and kashmir.
- This will be a new joint venture company (jvc) of national hydroelectric power corporation (nhpc) and jammu and kashmir state power development corporation ltd (jkspdc) with equity contribution of 51 per cent and 49 per cent respectively.
- Government is also supporting the jammu and kashmir union territory by providing grant of 776.44 crore rupees for equity contribution of jkspdc in the jvc to be set up for construction of ratle he projects.
- The ratle hydroelectric project shall be commissioned within 60 months. The power generated from the project will help in providing balancing of grid and will improve the power supply position.
The construction activities of the project will provide direct and indirect employment to around 4000 persons and will contribute immensely in the overall socio-economic development of Jammu and Kashmir.
India –Sinagapore Agreement On Navy Support.
Recently, the fifth Defence Ministers’ Dialogue (DMD) between Singapore and India was virtually conducted. Indian Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and Singaporean counterpart Ng Eng Hen addressed the meeting.
- As per the official statement, India and Singapore have signed an implementing agreement on Submarine Rescue Support and Cooperation between the two Navies.
- Both the ministers ensured full support in the faster conclusion of agreements for facilitating the conduct of live firings and to establish reciprocal arrangements for the cross-attendance of military courses.
- The ministers have also agreed for expanding bilateral defence cooperation including the implementing agreement on Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) cooperation.
SIMBEX and SIMTEX
- During the meeting, both the ministers expressed their happiness on the successful conduction of the 27th edition of SIMBEX and the 2nd edition of SIMTEX exercises in November 2020.
- Singapore-India Maritime Bilateral Exercise (SIMBEX) was held between the Indian and Singapore Navy in the Andaman Sea from November 23 to 25, 2020.
- SIMBEX is an annual exercise which is held since 1994.
- Trilateral Maritime Exercise (2nd edition) was held between India, Singapore, and Thailand in the Andaman Sea from November 21 to 22.
Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR)
- HADR is a programme launched by RSIS (Singapore’s S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies) to enhance cooperation on preparedness and response strategies to the unpredictable situations in Asia-Pacific. It was launched in 2015.
The Hindu Editorial Analysis
Mobilization and composite culture.
The anti-CAA stir of 2020 required the generality that today’s farm protests have.
GS-2: vital aspects of governance, transparency and responsibility.
GS-4: Determinants and consequences of Ethics in-human actions; dimensions of ethics; ethics - privately and public relationships Human Values.
- Indian democracy is currently erupting with numerous collective mobilizations, why and its implication on Republic.
- What will this distinction tell North American country concerning political mobilization and also the place of ethics and public morality in collective mobilizations?
Common in protest in CAA and Farmer:
- Participation of ladies in each Anti-CAA protests had begun over the question of citizenship for the roofless, however they got reduced to a problem of citizenship of Muslims, and farmers.
- The agitation was stereotypical as ‘anti-national’, pictured as AN obstacle for daily commuters, and terminated with riots and violence. For the farmers’ stir, the govt resorted to similar dirty tricks — it known as the farmers ‘Khalistanis’.
- The differential treatment of the 2 movements ought to account for the way common consciousness and imagination work. within the farmers’ movement, the agitators remained steadfast in their ‘universal’ approach right from the start.
- It becomes easier for the govt to tend prejudices against the anti-CAA protests as long as they continue to be, albeit simply symbolically, an agitation by a non secular community.
- Muslim community responds to a law that singles them out. Protests by Muslim girls, and additional significantly senior girls, created a perceptible distinction within the method the movement was received.
The Idea of Justice:
- The thought of Justice that any identity that's fanciful within the singular can stay a supply of violence. it's in multiplicity that dialogic conditions are created.
- There are four differing kinds of justice: distributive (determining World Health Organization gets what), procedural (determining however fairly individuals ar treated), retributive (based on social control for wrong-doing) and restorative (which tries to revive relationships to "rightness.")
- The clear advantage that the farmers’ movement has is its multiplicity. It belongs to numerous regions, albeit it's being spearheaded by the Jats or Sikhs of Punjab; it's girls, Left-affiliated unions and even wage-workers and Dalits operating for the made social class extending their support.
Why movement fail’s:
- The question of happiness and trust additionally emerges. the popular image of community of protester.
- Ruler’s management the past, against the current reality of a bunch afflicted with nice social disadvantage.
- The sympathy and compassion become tough to realize, as a result of this interprets into blatant prejudice and a supply of tension.
- The counter-mobilizations of the movement kind can need to realize ways that to penetrate the popular consciousness, sew these disparate factors, and forge a additional friendly imagination.
- The growing indifference towards violence against State are often countered through a Violence sense of happiness.
- Mobilization belong to minority section of individuals; problems not connect giant population.
- Lack in management, coordination, and central leadership World Health Organization place the thought to government.
- Lack in participation of nongovernmental organization, civil society, political unit and national of the state.
- Most of all, you would like to grasp that the modification you obtain won't happen within the movement, however outside of it.
- To new role for leaders within the networked age. Today, we are able to most effectively influence and persuade not through coercion, however by inspiring and empowering belief among those that are going to be affected.
- Any movements ar purposeful, organized teams pains to figure toward a standard goal. These teams may well be trying to make modification, to resist change), or to supply a political voice to those otherwise disenfranchised.