#GS2 #Schemes #SkillDevelopment
Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports and United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF) have signed a “Statement of Intent” to establish YuWaah, Generation Unlimited (GenU), a global multi-stakeholder platform in India.
- As per the Statement of Intent, the objectives of this project are –
- Support young people by providing entrepreneurship classes (online and offline) with successful entrepreneurs and experts, towards establishing entrepreneurial mindset among young people.
- Upskilling of young people on 21st century skills, life skills, digital skills through online and offline channels and support them through self-learning, for their productive lives and the future of work.
- Create linkages with aspirational economic opportunities to connect young people with employment opportunities, including building pathways to connect them with jobs or self-employment. For this, innovative solutions and technology platforms will be engages to take maximise the scale and reach.
- Providing career guidance support to young people through career portal as well as through job-readiness and self-exploration sessions to make young people career-ready.
- The role of Department of Youth Affairs in this project is to provide relevant experts to participate on the YuWaah Technical Working Groups/ Task Forces.