With an objective to realise Digital India’s vision of “Power to Empower” and to enable Digital Inclusion across the length and breadth of India, the National e-Governance Division (NeGD), Ministry of Electronics & IT (MeitY) has signed an MOU with CSC (Common Service Center) e Governance Services India Limited on August 26, 2020 to facilitate delivery of UMANG services at CSCs, in an assisted mode, thereby making services on UMANG app available to citizens through the network of3.75 lakh CSCs.
- The CSC operators Village Level Entrepreneurs (VLEs) will enable citizens to avail e-Governance services of 140 Departments through the UMANG App.
- This will benefit those citizens who either do not have access to smartphones or are not comfortable accessing App based e services on their own.
- For the masses, this will not only enhance access to government services significantly, but also expand the gamut of services that VLEs offer citizens, thereby increasing their income and viability.
- All these UMANG services are being enabled on CSCs without any additional cost and NeGD is making all services available to CSCs at zero cost.
- The Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance(UMANG) was developed by National e-Governance Division (NeGD), Ministry of Electronics & IT.
- UMANG is a Government of India all-in-one single, unified, secure, multi-channel, multi-platform, multi-lingual, multi-service mobile app, powered by a robust back-end platform providing access to high impact services of various organization (Central and State).
- It was dedicated to the Nation on November 23, 2017, by our Hon’ble Prime Minister.
- The aim to develop UMANG has been to facilitate ease of access to major Government services for citizens from a single mobile app.