UDAN & AirSewa 3.0
Agenda of the Civil Aviation Ministry over the next 100 days:
- Launching 50 new routes under the UDAN scheme
- Rationalising the value added tax (VAT) charged on aviation turbine fuel (ATF)
- Inaugurating the Kushinagar airport, Uttar Pradesh
- Starting construction of the Jewar airport, Uttar Pradesh
- UDAN: Ude Desh ka Aam Nagrik is a regional air connectivity scheme under the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
- It was first launched in 2016.
- The aim of the scheme is to develop the regional Aviation market, to create affordable and economically viable, profitable flights on regional routes. This is to enable common man even in small towns to fly, to make air travel affordable.
- The scheme intends to provide connectivity to un-served and underserved airports of the country. This will be done by reviving existing air-strips and airports.
- The scheme will be operational for a period of 10 years.
- Under the scheme, financial incentives are extended to certain shortlisted airlines to promote operations from unserved and under-served airports, and keep airfares affordable.
- The funding comes from the Centre, state governments and airport operators
- AirSewa Portal acts as a one stop solution for hassle free air travel.
- It was launched in 2016.
- It functions as an interactive web portal and in both android and iOS smartphone platforms.
- It possess a grievance redressal mechanism, flight status/schedule information, airport Information and FAQs.
- The web portal and application will aid in capturing air travellers’ feedback for policy interventions.
- Under AirSewa 3.0 a new feature is under development; under this, a user can escalate the ticket to escalation officer in stakeholder organisation if he is not satisfied with the resolution by a nodal officer.